US Director of Sales
Nüssli is a global leader in the provision of temporary structures for sporting, cultural and business events. With locations in different countries worldwide, the Nüssli Group seeks a highly motivated, Director of Sales and Marketing to lead our US and Canada sales division and outreach/marketing.
The US Director of Sales and Marketing works directly with the senior leadership team of the Nüssli Group and the NY-based Nüssli US team to build and maintain a strong customer base and project pipeline in the US and Canada market. The US Director of Sales and Marketing guides the process for realizing customer project opportunities from early awareness of Nüssli among potential clients through to contracting and project completion.
Key Duties And Responsibilities
- Identify and develop leads in the US and Canada market, with an emphasis on temporary build and specialty construction in the fields of real estate and urban development, architecture, culture, and events and exhibitions more broadly
- Maintain strong client relationships from pre-acquisition through post-project completion
- Exhibit high level of collaboration, timely communication, and responsiveness
- Work with the Nüssli leadership team and other colleagues to develop appropriate sales and marketing tools and products, while ensuring their effectiveness
- Ensure coordination of customer relations and marketing with non-American Nüssli teams
- Continually refine sales and marketing processes, and inform processes for branding and developing new product / service lines
- Identify and respond to customer sales / project opportunities and proposals (RFIs, RFPs, RFQs).
Bachelor's Degree in Marketing, Business or related field, or an equivalent combination of education, training, and experience. Master’s Degree preferred. Demonstrated experience in project acquisition in the US and Canada market; strong contacts in design and development firms, cultural institutions, and major event planners
Knowledge/Skills/Abilities You May Rely On
- 10 or more years of sales and marketing experience in the construction, architecture or events/exhibitions field
- Experience with high-profile architecture, temporary construction, and speciality design and build
- North American sales experience a must; international experience preferred
- Experience with largescale cultural and sporting events (Expos, Olympics, etc.)
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
Greater New York Area or California based preferred but not essential